Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Are you tippin' kiddin' me?!?!?!?!

Next up on my new journey was tips.  Ugh.... tips.  My poor Cindy (as in Cinderella, you know, the one that does all the work) hand had nubs.  I mean, nubs.  LOL!  I got cocky with my Gelish application and thought, "Hey, tips can't be that hard!"  Hahahahahaha!  I was wrong.  I decided to just try my thumb, since it was the most pitiful looking nub on that hand.

On my weekly trip to Sally's Beauty, I picked up Cosmo Natural tips from Terrific Tips, Quick Dry Nail Glue from Beauty Secrets, and a Tip Clipper from Terrific Tips.   (You can click on links to see products.)  I got home and selected the appropriate nail tip for my thumb.   Applied the glue to the tip then applied the tip to my nail.  It looked great and was easy peasy lemon squeasy.  I applied my Gelish routine and even added a layer of structure gel between the foundation and top coat so the tip wouldn't look so thick.  I was pretty proud that it came out so well.   OR SO I THOUGHT.  At this time, I had an awful 25 watt lamp for light.  It was horrible.  I switched out desk lamps with my hubby on his drawing desk.  And took a look at that poor, awful thumb.  It was horrible.  The tip didn't fit correctly.  It was 10 kinds of janky!  Here, see for yourself:
Jan  1 2017 First tip try
Jan 1 2017 First tip try

I kept it like this for about a week.  I wanted to see how secure the nail glue and tip were going to be on my nail.  As of today (02/07/2017), I have not tried to apply tips any further.  But I must overcome my fears and do a full set of tips as I had to cut my nails.  Hopefully, with my new light and a ton of You Tube video tuts, the next trial will be bounds and leaps better.  WISH ME LUCK!!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have an awesome day!!

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment