Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Outta this world nails....

Like, literally!  My first attempt at any kind of nail art was to try galaxy nails.  This is what it is supposed to look like:  PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE IMAGES WERE TAKEN FROM GOOGLE IMAGES.
GOOGLE I MAGES

GOOGLE IMAGES
The galaxy nails I was doing was for a challenge on Nail Art and Contests Chat group on FaceBook.  My first challenge.....  What was I thinking??  Was I thinking at all?  I was no where near ready for this.  Oh, I will just show you.
Jan 19 2017 Practice art for galaxy nails
The above pic is my practice set on a color wheel.  Loved, looooooved the way it turned out on the practice set.  So it should go just as well on my actual nails, right?  I think I was expecting too much.  :(
Jan 19 2017 My first attempt at galaxy nails.
This pic shows the final product of doing the galaxy nails on myself.  I know where my mistakes are - need better cleanup, need smaller white dots, maybe use different colors.  I am so over critical of myself.  

I like the challenges because it makes me focus on one technique, instead of me being all over the place.  Plus, I love to learn new things, especially with nails, as I am so new at all of this!

Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome day!
MEL

PRODUCTS USED:
LBD by Whim, Ascending Celine by Broadway, Energy Source by LA Colors, Rock Bottom by Sally Hansen, Take a Right on Bourbon by OPI and Eat Pink Be Merry by China Glaze

No comments:

Post a Comment