Thursday, February 16, 2017

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery......

Or in this case "recreation."  Latest challenge was do a recreation of a mani, nail art, etc.  Hiya Pinterest!!  Being a lover of all things 80, I knew I just had to do a splatter mani.  This is the one I decided to try and recreate.  
Taken from Pinterest
Totally 80s right?  Cool beans!  I made one change from the Pinterest pin that was the inspiration - I made a decal instead of doing it right on my nails.  I find this really messy and don't have some liquid latex barrier, yet.  

Decals, you say.  WTH is that?  Basically its your nail art that is applied to some kind of surface first, then transferred to your nails.  This is how I did mine.  I applied white polish as my base.  I painted a rectangle of the white polish on a silicone baking mat that I took over for my nails.  After the white was put down, I dipped a straw into the teal polish and blew it onto the white polish to create a splatter.  Then I used the lime green color in same fashion.  After that, I needed a little sparkle so I splattered on some teal glitter polish.  Looooove.  This is what it looks like before I put on my nails.
Makin' decals Feb 2 2017
Next step, peel the decal from the silicone mat.   Cut to size of your nails.  Put a clear coat on your nails, then put the decal you cut for that finger on.  Position as closely as you can.  Trim any excess and clean up around edges.  Add a top coat and you are done!!!

I admit, that this was a little more difficult to look crisp and clean on my nails.  But with any nail art, practice, practice, practice.  Here is my final product:
Recreation splatter nails Feb 2 2017
I can't wait to try this one again!  It reminds me of my younger days in the 80s.  

Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome day!  Like totally!

Mel
Products used:
Energy Source (white) by LA Colors, Paradise Water and Waterproof by Broadway, Innocent by Sinful Colors and Broadway clear coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment