Saturday, February 4, 2017

FRANKEN HAND!!! {cue the spooky music and a bone chilling scream}


FRANKEN HAND!!!  Yep you read that right, that's what I call this little experiment.

After my success with the easiness in doing one finger with Gelish, I got cocky.  I did all the rest of the fingers on my left hand with Gelish.  Came out just as great as my little pointer nail.  Whole left had is smooth and looks great.  Go me! Go me! Go me!


Now, I need color!! hmmm..... This one could be tricky.  I don't have the best polishes, mostly from Dollar General or Walmart.  Nothing expensive, nothing glamorous.  But did I mention, most are OLD!  I mean a year or more, old!

After researching that you can use regular polish with the Gelish application, I was excited.   Option A - Put on color after curing foundation (This could be either gel polish or regular polish.  If it it gel polish, you have to cure each layer of gel polish.  Will go over this in a separate post).  Make sure polish is completely dry then apply top coat and cure.  My experiment was to find out which last longer, looked better, worked the best.

Thumbnail:  The polish I used was Natural Bronze by Broadway Nails, purchased for $1 at Dollar General.  Its a gold shimmer that is very high shine.  Two thin coats, making sure to cap the edge.  Gelish cured top coat.
Dec 28 2016
Jan 6 2017

Middle finger:  The polish I used was a pale purple.  I don't know the name of the company but I remember buying it at KMart some years ago.  This was a creme and used two coats, capping the edge.  Gelish cured top coat.
Dec 28 2016

Jan 6 2017

Pinky finger:  I used Dutchess from the Fergie collection from Wet N Wild.  I know I bought the collection from Wal Mart a few Christmases ago.  I love anything sparkly and glitter is always a must.  This is two layers with the Gelish cured top coat.
Dec 28 2016

Jan 6 2017

Ring finger:  Well, this little finger didn't go exactly as planned.  First image, I used Pizzazz from the Holiday Joy collection from China Glaze.  I don't remember when or where I purchased this little multi-colored glitter gem!  I sponged on the polish to make the glitter more saturated.  I did two spongings and then used Gelish cured top coat.  When I was taking the stickiness off of the top coat, the most of the glitter just wiped right off.  Major fail!!  I left it on the way it was for a few days.  
Dec 28 2016
In the meantime, I started browsing my local Sally Beauty.  I wanted a Gelish Gel polish that I could use for my little experiment.  I purchased Glamour Queen from Gelish.  The color is a light brown/taupe/beige-y color with shimmer.  This is with two thin coats, topped by Gelish Top it Off cured.
Jan 1 2017
Jan 6 2017

Results of my FRANKEN HAND experiment:  All of the polishes I used did the trick and lasted for at least one week; with the exception of the heavily glittered polish.  I am about 99.999999% sure that if I would have left them on longer than a week, it would still have looked great!

Note to self:  Things I need to work on - photo taking and editing - cleaning edges and nail care.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have an awesome day!   
Mel  
@1000littlesparkles on IG

No comments:

Post a Comment