Saturday, February 11, 2017

Blue French tips, glitter and jewels! Oh My!!

Another challenge:  use jewels (30 days of color challenge, week of Jan 23).  Squeeeeel!  I love bling and all things shiny.  Here is the finished product:
Jan 28 2017
Yes, I was stumped on how to use jewels.  I went to my trusty Pinterest for inspiration.  I saw a white French tip manicure with jewels.  So, I put a little spin on it to make it mine.  

I didn't want a traditional white tip.  Hmmm..... choices.  I decided on this light, bright blue.  Now, do I freehand the tip or use the handy dandy sticker guides.  Of course, easy way!   I am painting over my Gelish manicure with top coat. I used Kiss brand guide stickers that I purchased from Dollar General.   I placed the stickers, to what I perceived to be aligned.  Then I painted two coats of I Believe in Manicures from the Breakfast at Tiffany's Winter collection from OPI.  Its a beautiful creamy blue!!  While the second coat was just painted and still wet, I dipped my wet fingers in some blue iridescent loose glitter.  I tapped my fingers a little to get any excess off, then put on a clear top coat.  While the clear coat was still wet, I put on my jewels.  I used Sally Hansen's I Heart Nail Art Studs.  I has 3 vials of studs - black rhinestones, clear rhinestones and gold square studs.  I put the tiniest amount of clear coat on the tip of an orange stick to pick up and place the jewels on my nails.  I pushed down a little to make sure they are embedded and won't come off.  

I really, really liked the way this look turned out.  I was so happy and giddy that I had to show everyone and got positive feedback!!  Its the little things that make me happy.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have an awesome day!!
Mel
Products used:
French manicure guide stickers by Bliss, I Believe in Manicures by OPI, Amy's Magic Ultra fine Glitter in Scuba Blue, Clear top coat by Broadway.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment